Monday, January 18, 2016
Features of Rural ICT Handheld Device Supplied to Branch Post Offices
As a pilot phase Department of Post has started using solar powered, biometric hand-held devices in rural post office with connectivity along with the application software in selected circles viz. Bihar, UP and Rajasthan. This move was the outcome of Rural ICT project declared by the Government of India.
Following re the important features or benefits of Hand-held device supplied to Branch Post Offices.
1. Electronic transactions- Booking and delivery of Speed Post, registered mail, money orders, sale of stamps and postal stationery will be done through these devices and paper receipt shall be generated
2. Instantaneously thereby eliminating chances of overcharging and other problems associated with manual transactions. Savings Bank deposits & withdrawals, PLI/RPLI premium deposits and loan/claim payments will also be done electronically on these devices.
3. Immediate uploading of transaction data and financial reconciliation- Using mobile connectivity, data pertaining to all transactions done on the hand-held devices shall be uploaded onto the central server. E-Money order will reach the destination post office instantaneously unlike present day where the money order is digitized at the nearest computerized Post Office and leads to delay in delivery. All financial transactions shall also be reconciled immediately without any manual intervention and Cash on Delivery amount collected in the village shall be immediately credited to the account of e-Commerce Company. Similarly the artisans would be able to fulfill e-commerce orders and receive immediate payment for their sold products online. This will have a positive impact on the overall economy of the villages.
4. Automatic track and trace- Speed Post and Registered letters/parcels and money remittances will be trackable at the Branch Post Office level and booking/delivery information will also be uploaded to central server immediately.
5. Fraud and leakage elimination- As Savings Bank and Postal Life Insurance transactions will be done on a real-time basis and through immediate generation of receipt and voice message, chances of fraud would be eliminated. Biometric authentication of MNREGS and social security beneficiaries at the time of pay-out would also reduce leakage in the schemes
Friday, January 8, 2016
Monday, January 4, 2016
Sunday, January 3, 2016
Veteran CPI leader A.B. Bardhan passes away. January 2, 2016.
Veteran Communist Party of India leader A.B. Bardhan, 92, passed away on Saturday evening after a long illness. Mr. Bardhan, former general secretary of the CPI, was admitted to the G.B. Pant Hospital here on December 7, after he suffered a stroke.
Nistula Hebbar reports:
Bardhan strove for Left unity
Veteran Communist Party of India (CPI) leader A.B. Bardhan, who passed away here on Saturday, held the post of general secretary for over a record number of years from 1996 to 2012.
Mr. Bardhan took part in the freedom movement as a member of the All India Students Federation and later associated himself with the trade union movement out of Nagpur, going on to become general secretary of the All India Trade Union Congress. He won an election just once, to the Maharashtra Assembly, in 1957 as an Independent. After losing several elections, he moved to Delhi in the 1990s and got involved in national politics. When the United Front (UF) government took over in 1996 and late CPI leader Indrajit Gupta became Home Minister, he resigned as CPI general secretary and paved the way for Mr. Bardhan. Made great work to working class since independence from various levels. AIGDSU CHQ convey deep condolence to this great leader.
The government has formed a one-man committee to examine the wage structure and service conditions ofgramin dak sevaks, who are extra-departmental agents recruited by the postal department to serve in rural areas
.The Department of Posts has 2.6 lakh such employees and “the Committee will go into the service conditions ofgramin dak sevaks and suggest changes as considered necessary,” according to a government statement.
The terms of reference of the committee include examining the system of branch post offices, engagement conditions and the existing structure of wage and emoluments paid to gramin sevaksand recommending necessary changes.
The committee will review the existing facilities, the service discharge benefit scheme and other social security benefits of gramin dak sevaks It also has a mandate to examine and suggest any change in the method of engagement, minimum qualification for engagement for these employees and their conduct and disciplinary rules, particularly keeping in view the proposed induction of technology in rural post offices.
Retired Member of Postal Services Board, Kamlesh Chandra, will constitute the one-man committee which will be assisted by Mr T. Q. Mohammad, a senior administrative grade officer who will act as Secretary to the committee.
The Hindu news
Saturday, January 2, 2016
Thursday, December 31, 2015
Tuesday, December 29, 2015
34th All India Conference of All India RMS and MMS Employees Union Male guards and MTS (Group C).
The R4 All India Conference was held at Tirupati from 13th to 15th December 2015 (Com. O.P. Gupta Nagar). Akhila Bharatha Bhakta Markandeya Padmasali Annathashram. The conference was held under the presidentship of Com. Maluia, President R4. The conference was inaugurated by Com. P.J. Chandrashekar Rao, MLC (CPI, Andhra Pradesh). In this occasion also Muddukrishna Naidu, MLC, TDP, Com. T. Narshimnhan, Vice President Confederation, Com. R.N. Prashar, Secretary General, Com. K.K. Sharma, Com P. Suresh, Com. S.S. Mahadevaiah and other local leaders attended and addressed the conference. The reception committee under the chairmanship of Sri. Varaprasad Rao, M.P. (Lok Sabha Tirupati), Com. M.D. Jaluluddhin, Working Chariman, Com. S. Appal Naidu, Circle Secretary R4 and his team made excellent arrangement for conducting a successful All India Conference. In this conference Com. Molviya, Com. P.Suresh and Com. K.K. Sharma were elected as President, General Secretary and Treasurer respectively.
Suryapet Divisional Conference.
The 2nd AIGDSU, Suryapet Divisional Conference was held at Miriyal Guda On 20th December 2015. This conference started with revolutionary songs and flag hosting. In this conference Com. S.S. Mahadevaiah, General Secretary, Com. B.V. Rao, Asstt. General Secretary and Circle Secretary A.P. Circle, Com. Satnarayan Reddy, CHQ special invitee and senior leader, Com. B. Jayaraj, Circle President, Com. Appalrao, Divisional Secretary Guntur, Com. Yeshu, Divisional Secretary Tenali, senior leaders of NFPE and FNPO leaders attended the conference. Com. R. Sharma, Divisional Secretary and his team made excellent arrangement for conducting successful divisional conference.
Monday, December 28, 2015
Wanapatti AIGDS 2016 Calendar inaguration programme.
The 2016 Calendar inauguration programme was organized at Talakapalli, Wanapatti Division. This was held under the presidentship of Com. Suryanath Rao, Divisional President and Com. S.S. Mahadevaiah as Chief Gust of Com. B.V. Rao, Asst. General Secretary and Circle Secretary A.P. Circle, Com. B. Venkateshwarlu, Working President CHQ, Sri L.S.V. Balasathi Narayana, SPO’s Wanarpathi, Com. Narshimha Reddy, AITUC leader, Com. Krishnaiah, President Mahaboob Nagar Division, Com. Srinivas Goud, Divisional Secretary, Mahaboob Nagar, Com. Shankaraiah, Com. Anjinailu, Divisional Secretary Siddipet, Com. R. Sharma, Divisional Secretary, Suryapet and other comrades attended and addressed the conference. More than 400 GDS employees attended the conference.
Saturday, December 26, 2015
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
DEPARTMENT ISSUED ORDERS REGARDS GDS COMPASSIONATE GROUNDS REVIEW ORDER GDS AND CASUAL LABOURS AND FILLING OF VACANT GDS POSTS (OTHER THAN GDS BPM)
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Saturday, December 12, 2015
Thursday, December 10, 2015
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
HUNGER FAST AT CIRCLE OFFICES ON 04-12-2015